So, our poor relatives were subjected to crocodile tears if he was disconnected from my hip...I hope they didn't take it personally...
Another side effect of this slump thing was a little bit of sleep regression...he used to sleep in until 7 but was up around 6 and his second nap was very short and would take him a good hour to settle down for it...but compared to what I read about other people's kids during this 8 month "wonder week that lasts way longer than a week" I got off easy with the sleep disruption...I didn't let it bother me though, I just followed the advice of the 10 million parenting blogs and websites and kept him in his bed until 7 and left him in his bed for the full 2 hour nap whether he was sleeping or not...sounds cruel, but he LOVES his bed and never cries in it (knock on wood)...
Well, in case you were wondering, which I know you weren't but humor me...we are out of the woods!
YIPPEE!!
My happy baby is back and I am oh so excited to see him!
He sleeps 13 glorious hours at night again and is up at 7...he takes 2 really good naps and is happy as a clam when he's awake...PLUS he's happy to play without being permanently attached to me...
Now, maybe my arms will stop looking like that guy from the Lady in the Water from constantly holding him...
![]() |
| If only I knew how to super impose my head on his body.... |
Anyway, just thought I would share the good news that happy Chunkamunk is back!!

No comments:
Post a Comment