Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Never thought I would hate chocolate so much...

Have I mentioned how NOT crafty I am?

What's that? I have?

Well, here's another notch to add to the crap belt.

While we were at Bed, Bath & Beyond shopping for curtains, I saw this on the clearance table


Looks like a gingerbread house, right?

WRONG!!

Maybe you noted the "make it yourself" at the top...but I didn't...not until just now as I posted the picture actually...

It's not even a gingerbread house....it's a chocolate house...that's right, a CHOCOLATE house...

Now, the beauty of the gingerbread house kits I've seen is that the walls and roof are pre-made...not this beauty..oh no! It's "make it yourself" remember?

That means, they give you a bunch of chocolate pieces (that look like snow caps without the snow) that you have melt down, then pour into molds, then freeze, then put them together with the leftover melted chocolate....right...

So, I dutifully followed the directions....well, I started out like that anyway...but, they said to melt the chocolates in 30 second intervals in the microwave at 50% power...okay, that will only take 5 hours....after the second turn in the microwave there was no sign of melting, so I just blasted it at full power...I will not admit that was my demise

Anywho, I made the molds just perfectly, then on to the put it together part...well, I didn't read the whole directions first so I had no idea that I was supposed to use the "extra" melted chocolate to glue the thing together...well, there was really no leftover chocolate...but I tried and failed miserably....

Luckily miniG couldn't care less when I told him it was broken and there was no fixing it....

How did we leave it?

Like this:

Pretty good job on the molds, right??

No comments: