Friday, January 7, 2011

miniG Birthday Bash

Well, the Christmas/Birthday extravaganza is FINALLY over!! Yippee!!

And, my house is a complete and utter disaster zone...I really should be dealing with that right now...but in an effort to hone my procrastination skills...I'm not...

So, let's recap....It was definitely in God's plan that we get the house this year...because the grandparents went wild with the toys this year...and I am thankful every single day that we now have an entire room dedicated to all things toy related...see?

Awesome right? Yeah, I know...

Anyway, on to the party...ever hear of a little movie franchise called Toy Story?

Ever heard of Buzz Lightyear...well, I have...and when we were doing the whole potty chart thing with miniG, he always always always wanted a Buzz Lightyear toy...I'm pretty sure we own them all..

So, obviously the theme for his party was none other than Toy Story/Buzz Lightyear

This was before I decorated the table..bummed I didn't get a picture of it, it was really cute...

And we had all the family here, which is pretty darn big...miniG has 3 sets of grandparents and it was awesome that they were all able to come! My sister and her 3 kids, Gman's brother and sister, Gman's other brother and sister and sister's boyfriend came for a little bit too, plus Gman's grandmother, then our friends and their 2 girls (story about said friend coming up...stay tuned for that one, it's awesome)

So, yeah, full house! And man it got LOUD, so loud that I'm pretty sure that my bat ears were the only ones to hear the doorbell ring when the UPS guy came...

Now, when it comes to opening gifts...miniG isn't really excitable, it's more of a very serious business and when he hits the jackpot, there's no loud excited scream and jumping for joy, it's more "Can you open that?" and then he gets right down to the business of playing with it...for hours...

And the gifts were great...he loved them all but here are the top 3...

It also came with really cool goggles that light up, but my kids have really big heads, so it didn't fit...in fact, it barely fits Chunkamunk's head...but moving on...





He's a happy camper and will be occupied for a very long time with all these new and exciting things, so thanks to everyone!!

Now, on to the most awesome story of all time, which will probably not be funny at all, because I'm a horrible story/joke teller and especially since this is all second hand information, but I feel the need...

So, mere minutes before our ex-neighbors friends take off she shows me her new phone which admittedly looked similar to mine, but I could still tell the difference...apparently, she could not...

Because, on the drive home, she took out "her phone" and couldn't figure out how to unlock it (even though there's a giant arrow pointing to the unlock button, but that's neither here nor there)

Then, her husband informs her that it's not her phone and she must have stolen someone's from the party...so, they turn around and head back...she calls me to let me know and lo and behold the phone in her hand starts to ring bahahaha!

Yeah, I was right, it does not sound not as funny as it was...sorry for the big let down folks...

Well, on that flat note, peace out!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Well, I laughed!
And also, at first glance, pic number 5 looks like miniG is looking at cleavage.
That I REALLY laughed at!