Thursday, January 13, 2011

Faithful

Did you know that owning a house is stressful? Crazy, right?

We all hear the rumors about it, but it's like labor pains, you gotta experience it to really understand it...

Well, we have owned a home for about 6ish months now and yeah...it's stressful, but the good kind of stress, if there is such a thing...

I don't know how you deal with stress....but I eat...and that's kind of counterproductive when you're trying to lose weight...and trust me just cuz you don't put everything you eat in the weight watchers tracker doesn't mean it doesn't count...unfortunately....trust me...I've tried...

So, instead of taking my stress out on unsuspecting family members or cookies that have the misfortune of being in my line of sight...I'm trying hard to lay it all at His feet and have faith...

Kind of a round about way to get to the topic of faith, but there it is...that's just how my mind works...

The majority of people that read this either know me very well or share my faith...but for the sake of redundancy I'd like to share my faith story...

It's not easy for me to talk about faith...weird coming from the kid of a Baptist preacher, right? I guess I just don't want to come off as preachy or judgmental....thanks to all the wacko's out there that spread their nasty judgmental hypocritical beliefs and try to pass it off as faith, they have given all those who believe in the Bible and Jesus Christ a really bad name...

Yeah, that's right, I said the J-word....I fully believe that Jesus was/is the Son of God and that He sacrificed Himself out of His divine love for us to save us...

How did I get there? Well, like I said, my Dad is a Baptist preacher and has been my entire life. I was raised in church and taught about God and Jesus from birth. And when I was 5 I made a profession of faith and I vaguely remember doing it, but when I was 9 or 10 I was lying in bed one night thinking about what happens after you die (I know, heavy thoughts for a 10 year old, but there you have it) and I was really frightened about not being sure if I was going to heaven or not...so, I trotted myself downstairs where my parents were watching TV and told them what I was thinking about...and my Dad lead me through the Romans Road and made sure I understood everything and it was then that I remember fully accepting Christ's sacrifice for me...

But even then, I didn't fully embrace my faith...I knew I was going to Heaven and that was enough for me...until I got to college...yes, the college I went to had/has many faults and I think they are pretty Pharisee-istic in their ways, but I was surrounded by so many people with genuine faith and it was there that my faith finally became my own...

I have never felt so close to God than I did during those 4 years there and I will always be thankful for that time...but, when you get back into the real world and all the stress that comes with it...it's too easy to lose sight of that beautiful peaceful faith....

Faith is hard, because it always has to come first...Jesus only healed those who had faith that He could and that He would...

It's funny how others take the principles of God's Word and give it different names, like Karma and the Power of Positive Thinking...but it's all part of how God works...

Anyway, this is just me rambling to myself and reminding myself that even though my faith may be low right now (and I am so ashamed to admit that) that God is still faithful and all I have to do is run back into his loving arms and he'll be there to catch me and assure me that He has it all figured out...

No comments: