Friday, January 28, 2011

miniG miniMe?

miniG may look exactly like Gman

But I think (some may say unfortunately for him) that he gets some of his personality traits from me...and I am starting to see a lot of myself in him...

For instance, Gman will be the first to point out that he gets the stubborness from me...I won't deny it...

But, one thing that sticks out to me alot lately is if he doesn't want to do something.....NOTHING will change his mind...he CANNOT be bribed....and he CANNOT be peer pressured...

Example? Pooping in the potty....he will NOT do it until it is his idea...he refuses to be pressured into it and nothing I offer him is good enough to sway him...sticker chart that when it's full he gets to go to his favorite restaurant?...eh, no thanks....computer time to play games?....eh, he can just take a nap to get that....ice cream....eh, not good enough....

How do I see myself in this? Well, it's a bit of a stretch, but I equate my weight loss struggle to this...I can't seem to find the right motivator for myself....put up a honeymoon picture of myself super skinny...eh, works for about 2 hours...buy smaller jeans...eh, I just keep trying them on hoping to stretch them out...

You get the idea...

No comments: