Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not Entirely Extreme Couponing...

It feels like all I talk about lately is couponing, but I figure if I can't find a decent work from home job bringing in money, the least I can do is save us money wherever I can...

I am feeling pretty good about the drug stores...I make a point to only buy things that are on sale and I have coupons for so I make out with free stuff or pretty darn close to free stuff...

And I try to do that with the grocery store, but sometimes it's just easier to grab stuff I "need" at regular price while I'm there...even though it burns me to do it now

I'm even trying to get my crazy coupon binder in more order...unfortunately I get really bored of clipping and sorting after about 5 minutes...however, I am completely in love with this coupon binder...and I want it....even though I have no clue how it works...I still want it...

Credit

But I digress...

Well,this crazy Extreme Couponing show, plus all the veterans out there who's basements are fully stocked with their own mini-mart kind of make me feel like a failure when it comes to actual grocery shopping...

I just have to remind myself that some savings is better than none and not get bummed about spending more than $5 on an entire basket full of stuff at Walmart..

I was able to get my Super Walmart bill tonight from $190 to $158 and was actually pretty proud of that!

There are just some things that you need (shredded cheese, waffles, etc) that you either can't find a coupon for, or the Great Value brand is cheaper, or it's an $11 pack of toilet paper and only have $1 off...sorry, can't wait around for a tiny package of toilet paper to go on sale at the drug store...kind of need that...

So, here's to all us Couponers that spend more than $.36 on our grocery bills every week!
It's not failure...it's just not extreme...and that's okay!

No comments: