Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday's Five Fun Facts

1. Apparently I'm the only person who thought this quote from Jim Carrey about the Anthony Weiner sexting scandal was funny and totally true:
"No one's noticing how odd it is that the has the body of a beefcake workout dude and the head of a fly"
Come on people! You know you were all thinking it!

2. Two children and many many pounds later, while my stomach obviously no longer looks like this

It now reminds me of the really old guy's butt from the hospital in The Hangover...if you've seen the movie, you are welcome for the visual...if you have not seen that movie, you should thank your lucky stars that I couldn't find a picture of it...

3. miniG's current new favorite phrase "I'm gonna fart on you!"

4. I'm pretty sure the super cheap fill they used to build up our backyard is deadly...well, deadly to plant life anyway...we planted a cute little dogwood tree that looked like this when we got it...
And now it looks like this

Yeah, the cute little green leaves now look black and charred...still need proof that it's the ground's fault? (I can hear my sister laughing at me now because she knows my track record with living things and I'm pretty lethal, it's probably a miracle that my children have survived this long)...but it's not me this time!!

This is the apple tree that we have yet to plant in the ground, it's still in the little bucket and has gotten the same TLC as the dogwood


See the pretty lush green leaves?....I'm also blaming the cheapo dirt for our ghetto looking lawn...

5. A little over 2 weeks until I run my first road race...and then another 3 weeks until the 5.5 mile race...I really don't think I can do it...and I'm not just fishing around for compliments or encouragement either...really...I just have to convince myself that all the other people running have been training and are far more diligent about it than I am and it's not failure as long as I'm not the dead last person....right?

Happy Friday!!

No comments: