1. Want your kids to take long afternoon naps? MAKE PLANS! Works every single time...in my house anyway...without fail my kids are awake from their naps by 2...2:30 at the latest...but as soon as I bank on this and makes plans for 3ish...they will undoubtedly sleep past 3...which means I am either late or do the unthinkable and wake them up...it goes against the very fiber of my being to wake them up...but...the beach called this week....so it all worked out
2. Goats poop....All.The.Time...can you imagine having that job? The Goat Pooper Scooper at the petting zoo? Pretty good job security though...
3. Couponing...while worthwhile...is hard...and time consuming...and frustrating...which is why I get so excited when I score...I worked really really hard for it! Don't believe me? Try it!!
4. Letting miniG stay up late (even a mere half hour) backfires EVERY time...so why, oh why, do I continue to do it every once in a while? Because I'm a glutton for punishment...why else would I go in his room at 5:30 in the morning whilst he is sleeping soundly to try a fix his fan that is only bugging me and wake him up?
5. Parenting is a lot like labor (labor as in childbirth...not labor as in work...although that obviously fits too)...there are easy, smooth sailing patches where life is grand...then there are the rough patches, some are mild while others seem insurmountable and then BAM they are gone and we are back to a calm patch...and as time goes on, our memory gets fuzzy and the rough patches don't seem quite so horrible and eventually we forget their mere existence...hence having more than one child...
Happy Friday Folks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment