Here's an excerpt:
"You were born prepacked. God looked at your entire life, determined your assignment, and gave you the tools to do the job...Joe will research animals...install curiosity. Meagan will lead a private school...an extra dose of management. I need Eric to comfort the sick...include a healthy share of compassion. Denalyn will marry Max...instill a double portion of patience....God packed you on purpose for a purpose" from Cure for the Common Life
Well, as a stay at home mom, homemaker, housewife, what have you...I think I got a healthy dose of patience (although that well seems to be running dry lately)...but I'm pretty sure someone else got my bag of neat freakness...not what you were expecting, right?
Yes, this is a post of me whining (shocker) how I just don't have the drive to keep a spotless house...
Which is really weird because my mom is a total neat freak! Growing up she would just putter around the house all day long cleaning things that were already clean...washing the two dishes she used for lunch...stearing clear of my room and my sister's room because they looked like a bomb went off...
Me? I stare at the mess...my eyes well up with tears a little...then I leave the room...telling myself I will deal with it later....
Then later comes...I stare at the mess....my eyes well up with tears a little more....then I go outside...
Granted that this does not help:
It's a little weird though that the cleanest rooms in the house are the boys' bedrooms...
The only thing that really gets me motivated to clean like a mad woman is to have company over to the house (which is rare)..and then once it's all clean and shiny and pretty I think "this is nice, I can keep this up"...and then 2 days later we are back to...I stare at the mess...eyes well up...you get it...
So, if any of you out there think you might have my bag of neat freakness, can you return it pretty please?
No comments:
Post a Comment