Who am I talking about?
Only this little gem:
![]() |
| Credit |
It's a toddler wake clock and it's pretty great!
MiniG goes through these phases where his body decides that
I've been looking at these little guys for a while now, but they are a little pricey for what you get...but during this last round of being up crazy early, I decided to just go for it
It's only been up for 2 days, but I can see the potential..
How does it work?
Super simple...The bunny sleeping picture is lit up when they are supposed to be sleeping and you set a time for when it's okay to get up and when it gets to that time, the bunny awake with his backpack on lights up...so, if they wake up and bunny is still sleeping, they stay in bed and if bunny is up, then they can get up...simple concept to understand
Ideally I would like the kids to be up at 7...that's Aidan's get up time, if he wakes earlier than that he just plays in his bed until I come to get him and if he sleeps later than that, I just let him...
But miniG has been getting up around 6ish, so in my haste to hurry up this sleeping in process, I set the wake time for 6:45...well, day 1 he was up at 6:15...grabbed his entourage (Blankie, Monkey and Buzz) and started to get out of bed...so, I went in and re-explained that if Bunny is still in bed, then he needs to stay in bed...
Okay, but poor kid had to wait half an hour for that to happen, so after a little while I hear "Mo-o-om...Mom?...Mo-om"...so, I go in and he says "I don't think he knows how to get up"
So, I reassure him that Bunny indeed knows how to get up and he will be up soon..
And, then finally Bunny gets up and I hear an excited "Mom! Mom! He's up, it changed!"
Today was day 2...I changed the wake time to 6:30 so he wouldn't have to wait so long and he was awake about the same time 6:15ish and he did great...stayed in bed until Bunny got up and I hear "Mom! Mom!"
I'm hoping that he will eventually start sleeping a little longer, but I will take the little victories as they come!!
Now, we have to work on him just getting out of bed and not calling me :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment