As you may know, I've started trying to save money via coupons....and it's a slow going process...and admittedly more than a little frustrating...so I'm really not the person to give any advice on how to save money...so, I'm not
This is a what NOT to do post....which will probably become a regular thing because I screw up...ALOT...
So, here goes the first installment of What NOT To Do...
How NOT To Save Money On Diapers:
It's mindblowing, so you'll probably want to be sitting down...
Are you ready?
Do NOT wait until the last minute to buy diapers...
You already knew that? Well, apparently somebody needed to say it...because I did just that
Here's how I learned that lesson the hard way...
A few months back I think I mentioned a beautiful new addition to Amazon called Amazon Mom...you get free 2 day shipping and great discounts on diapers and wipes and other baby essentials...the average is 30% savings...pretty good deal
Well, they spoiled me for a couple months by putting 20% off and $10 off coupons in the Parenting magazines which could be STACKED, meaning use more than one at a time, so I was able to get 2 months worth of diapers for like 5 bucks...pretty awesome, right??
But, they stopped printing those coupons and I was reluctant to buy them without those beautiful coupons...so I didn't....then I ran out of diapers....yeah...
Well, I ran out of day diapers...I still had like 3 left and some nightime diapers...so, I sucked it up and ordered the Luvs off Amazon...180 diapers (2 months-ish) worth for $25 I think...still a good deal...
Now, remember, it's 2 day shipping...so I have 3 day time diapers left...not sure about you, but my kid needs more than 1 diaper a day....
Needless to say, I ran out of day time diapers and had to resort to using the nighttime diapers until I got my shipment...
And then...I got down to 2 diapers left....luckily it was the day I was expecting my shipment...unluckily, I neglected to restock the nighttime diapers the same day as the daytime ones...dumb right?
So, I hopped on Amazon and ordered 2 months-ish worth (56 diapers) of Huggies Overnites for $17ish...another decent deal...
Again...2 day shipping....no more nighttime diapers....
I could have just sucked it up and put a regular diaper on him at night and just had a soaking wet child in the morning...but, no...
I went to CVS and bought a 23 pack of Huggies Overnites for $11.99
So, all that money I saved by using Amazon Mom is now in CVS' pocket
This is how NOT to save money on diapers
You're Welcome
No comments:
Post a Comment