Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bottle Bootcamp Take 2

So, I kind of took a break from gave up on the whole trying to give Aidan a bottle thing...too nerve wracking for me...but then he went over a week without pooping...weird right?

So, like any anal worried concerned parent, I called the dr's office...on a Tuesday...forgetting that the really great nurse that I love apparently has Tuesdays off...and had to talk to the grumpy old woman nurse....anywho

She asks me if my milk supply is good...how the heck should I know?? my kid is 4 months old and 18lbs, I'd say it's pretty darn good...

But then I got to thinking...he has never slept through the night, no I take that back, there were 3 magnificent nights when we first moved in, but that's it...the girls have never been super engorged, even at the beginning...and now this not pooping for over a week thing....

So, I did some research and turns out that hypothyroidism may cause your milk supply to diminish, even if its under control with meds....awesome...

Attempt #1 at the bottle, not so good, he just chewed on it and the formula dribbled down his neck...I think maybe half an ounce may have been accidentally swallowed...

He's down for a nap now, we will try attempt #2 when he wakes up...wish me luck...stay tuned...I now how riveting this is for you

No comments: