So, transportation and I have never been the best of friends.
I've always had motion sickness...my family will not let me live down the very first time I lost it in the car...hey, it's not my fault you couldn't properly interpret "My throat hurts" from a 6 year old.
Because I would like to avoid all upchucking I took to sleeping in the car the second I got in it...don't tell DSS but my favorite was sitting on the floor of the car and resting my head on the seat
Fast forward 20 years and I decide to marry a passive road rager. What does that mean? It means he yells at every driver and/or pedestrian (no one is safe) from the safety of the car but would never do anything about it. I am the only one blessed enough to listen to the ranting and raving..."You're right honey, that 99 year old woman driving 2mph is only doing it to bug you"...."Yep, that guy walking down the sidewalk facing the sun did give you the stink eye"
Fast forward a little more and I am blessed with the only baby in the world that refuses to sleep in the car. No, seriously, he REFUSED to sleep in the car....it was/is the rare occasion that it happens.
Now that said non sleeper is conversational, he does.not.stop.talking....from the second the car starts to the second we reach the destination, he's yappin
Most of the time it's cute and funny...sometimes, not so much....like today for instance, I broke my "no fast food for a month" treaty and went to the horrid golden arches for lunch...and on the way home:
J: Can I have my drink?
Me: Nope not til we get home
J: But I want it!
Me: Sorry, you just have to wait until we get home
J:But I want it!
Me: Here's your toy (It was a little plastic skateboard)
J was pacified for a whole 2 minutes
J: I want to see the other skateboards (I assumed he was talking about the toys on the floor)
Me: I'm driving I can't reach them
J: Yes you can! I want them!
Me: No, I.am.driving.I.cannot.reach.them
J: But I want them, you can reach them!
I decided at this point that the feud was hopeless so I kept my mouth shut for the rest of the ride home
J: I want to see the skateboards
I want to see the skateboards
I want to see the skateboards
I want to see the skateboards
I WANT TO SEE THE SKATEBOARDS
(At this point, I start laughing to myself. Yes, I know, I'm a horrible mother. But, come on, you've got to admire the dedication and tenacity)
Then, he decides that he doesn't want the windows down
J: It's windy, put them up!
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
It's windy
I want to see the skateboards
I want to see the skateboards
I want to see the skateboards
I want to see the skateboards
I want to see the skateboards
Meanwhile, Aidan is sleeping peacefully when he still had another hour to go until naptime thus ruining the naps for the rest of the day....
So, like I said, transportation and I have never been friends...
No comments:
Post a Comment