Thursday, July 7, 2011

Big Y Deals 7/7

It's been awhile since I've posted any coupon deals that I've scored recently (much to everyone's delight I'm sure) and while I've scored some good stuff and free stuff it hasn't been too exciting

Well, today I hit Big Y and did pretty well (still not a TON of stuff, but still). I still don't know how these extreme couponers manage it, but it probably has something to do with the store you shop at. Big Y isn't known for their super great prices, but it's the closest grocery store to us now, and factor in the dragging-2-kids-along factor, it's always the easiest option.

Anyway, without further ado, here's today's score:


Paid $21.88 for 19 items

Here's the breakdown in case you're interested:

Bananas: $0.64/lb with a silver coin: $1.96

Big bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing: Sale $4.49 - $1 printable coupon = $3.49
(not a great deal, but I really wanted it) (I'm pretty sure I printed that coupon off Facebook and it's no longer available :( )

Pop Secret: Sale Buy 1 Get 2 Free! = $2.99 for all 3 = less than $1 each
*there is $1 off 2 coupon in the 6/19 RP but I had lost it BOO!

Croutons: Sale 5/$5

Dreamfields Pasta: Sale Buy 1 Get 1 Free! - two $1 off printable coupons = $.79 for two or less than $.40 each!
You can print 2 coupons per computer, just use the back button once it prints..we have two computers so was able to print 4 ;o) 


Colgate: Sale $.88 - $1 coupon from 6/26 SS = FREE + $.12 mm

NatureSweet Cherry Tomatoes: $3.00 - $.50 printable coupon (doubles to $1) = $2.00 (not a great deal, need to wait until they are on sale)
The printable coupon was from Coupons.com a few weeks back so it's no longer available

Fresh Express Salad: Sale $2.28 - $.50 printable coupon = $1.78
Fairly ok deal...would have been better if the coupon doubled :(
Printed these from Coupns.com as well but no longer available

So, with just store sales I was able to save $15.81 and then another $10 on top of that with coupons!
That's $25.81 in savings or 54%

Doesn't look like much but not too shabby considering the store :o)

This is just what I bought today...starting today is their big Buy 1 Get 2 free sale...unfortunately there aren't really any coupons that match up with the items in the sale, otherwise that would be some mega savings!!

No comments: