Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yippee Skippee! Only 22 CENTS!!

Okay, so I am super proud of myself for this latest CVS shopping trip, so I feel the need to detail out how I did it...

Feel free to stop reading now..I'll never know...

Before you laugh at the Preparation H..you should know..I MADE 2 bucks buying it!
OK, keep in mind that I had $10.77 ECB to start with...

I had to do it in 3 transactions:

Transaction 1:

Preparation H: $3.99 get $3.99 back in ECB...had a $2.00 off coupon, so only paid $1.99
Crest Toothpaste: On sale for $1.99 get $1.00 back in ECB...had a $1.00 off coupon, so only paid $.99

Subtotal: $2.98
ECBs: $2.77
OOP (out of pocket): $.22 (had to pay $.01 sales tax :o)

Got back $4.99 in ECBs

Transaction 2:

Easy Ups: On Sale for $8.99 get back $2 ECBs (wish I had a coupon for this but I apparently don't get the P&G coupons the rest of the world does)
Bic Soleil Razor: On Sale for $6.99 get back $3 and had a $3.00 off coupon

Subtotal: $12.98
ECBs: $8 (I already had) and $4.99 from Transaction 1
OOP: Zip, Zero Nada

Got Back: $5 in ECBs

Transaction 3:

2 Schick Hydro 5 razors: Buy 1 get 1 free and had 2 $3.00 off coupons

Subtotal: $4.79
ECB: $5 from Transation 2
OOP: Zip Zero Nada!!

If only the razors had been $8.99 like I thought they would be, I would have left with $2.00 in ECBs still in my pocket, but sadly they were $10.79 at the CVS I went to...

Oh well, I will take it!!

In case you didn't know, there has been a bizarro tummy bug in our house that pretends it's gone and then comes back...poor miniG had a lot of poop juice (his words) today and soiled beyond repair 2 pair of undies....hence the huge attraction of being able to get Easy Ups for free!!

On that note, Peace out Peeps!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Impressive! We get tons of P&G coupons for some reason, even though we use cloth. I'd be happy to send them to you in the mail, just let me know! :)p