Thursday, May 26, 2011

Maybe I should become a casting director.....

There are many many things on my mind lately, with the complete least of which being The Hunger Games, but yes, that's what I'm talking about

If you are asking yourself "What is that?"...go out right now and read them...they are fascinatingly good...on par with the Twilight series...(yes I am an ALMOST 30 year old woman reading "young adult" fiction..so what?!)

Anywho, I am already chomping at the bit for the movie to come out even though it hasn't even started filming yet...but whatev

And, once again, casting directors cause me to hang my head in shame for them...

I have already mentioned my dissatisfaction of the casting for Twilight (like anybody really cares), so I feel the need to share my annoyance (feel free to stop reading now, I completely understand)

Anywho, a lot of them I think they got right...

Katniss...okay, I see it

Prim..totally see it...minus the poor kid's unabrow


Gale...yep


Haymitch...couldn't have done better...he looks like a cranky drunk
Cinna...not at all what I pictured...but fits

Now...here is where they went horribly wrong...I'm sure the kid is a good actor and all...but Peeta is supposed to be a love interest...stocky...blond...amazing blue eyes....so naturally they cast this kid



All I see what I look at him is this:

The short dorky kid from RV

*SIGH*...I hope he has had a major growth spurt since then....and get the kid some contacts I guess...

Oh well...on to real life...

No comments: