Saturday, February 18, 2012

What's Happening Hot Stuff?

Apparently all I'm capable of is a few random stories here and there and then a bigger, recap of our lives...so, here is the current recap:

Gman: Busy at work, still hating his job, but currently OBSESSED with finding us the perfect family dog..what brought on this obsession? So glad you asked!

After we got our tax returns back we thought it would be fun to invest in a family pet...our first thought was for cats. Gman loves them and he is the cat whisperer after all and every time A even sees a cat it's "KITTY!!! KITTY!!!!"...so, we got a couple adorable kitties at a not-as-local-as-I-would-have-liked (you'll see why) animal shelter. The first red flag was when it took 4 tries and 4 people and a giant pair of gloves to get Maggie (the girl kitty) into the carrier. Then, after a week of both cats hiding all day long, scurrying away in terror at the sight of anybody other than Gman, keeping us awake all night long with their frantic running around the house probably looking for a way out of this madness and A getting scratched 3 times, we decided they needed to go back.

I make the call and ask if we can return the cats and "trade them in" for a super cute dog that we all fell in love with when we first picked up the cats. That idea did not go over well with the snooty little desk girl and she gave reasons why none of the dogs currently at the shelter was a good fit for our family...huh...

I returned the grumpy cats anyway and now we are just out that ridiculous amount of money from the non-refundable donation we shelled out to get the dumb things.

We decided that a much more personable and loving dog would be a better fit for our pretty loud little crew. And that threw Gman into obsession-mode. Now, from almost the moment he gets home from work and until about midnight-ish he is on the computer researching dogs and puppies and shelters and all other things related to acquiring a dog...

I'll be happy when we finally get one just so I can see my husband's face again :o)

miniG (J) is still "busy" with preschool and random play dates and teaching his brother the fine art of burping and farting in people's faces...important lessons for boys

My little Chunkamunk (A)...not so little any more...still trying out the super sonic fit throwing just for a pop-pop (lollipop), sadly it works far too often (I know, bad Mommy)...he is FULL of jibber-jabber..he's adding words to his vocabulary but it seems like with every new word he learns, he throws in 5 new jibber jabber "words"...all day long he jabbers at me for about 20 seconds then adds on a "deeeeeeeeeeee" (please) at the end...if only I knew what it was he was asking for...poor kid, nobody understands him

Finally, moi, I've started my evening/night job one or two nights a week, soon to ramp up I'm told, and it's really great, mostly because I've been working with my good friend, once I'm on my own I'll probably cry a little...In addition to referee-ing the wild banshees the kids all day, I've also started a new blog matching coupons with sales for a couple local grocery stores...so that takes up almost an entire day a couple days a week...good times!

I think that pretty much sums it up for now..stay tuned for that new doggie update!! I'm excited for that one :o)


Peace out Peeps!

No comments: