Thursday, February 16, 2012

MOM! Will there be snacks?????

Today is the first day since preschool started that I have completely spaced that it was a school day.

Luckily for me, when my husband left for work, he kissed J on the head and said "Have a good day at school!"

I said "HUH??" in that charming, mostly asleep stupor and then remembered that it was indeed Thursday, a school day.

As if that's not bad enough, I'm super lucky that my child has the memory of an elephant because he says "Hey Mom, is today picture day?"

Indeed it is!

I manage to get him dressed in nice clothes but can't tame that darn cowlick and the one pocket in his pants that keeps sticking out...oh well, you win some, you lose some

But the highlight of the morning was the conversation about picture day in the car:


J: Is Miss Maura going to take the pictures?
 

Me: No, it will be someone else.

J: Like a new one of my teachers?
 

Me: No, not a teacher. People who just take pictures. They're called photographers.

J: Are they meeeeean?

Me: Oh no, they're very nice

J: I hope I get to sit next to Jack.


Me: Is Jack your best friend?


J: Yeah....Mom! If it's picture day are we still going to do circle time and snacks??


Me: Yeah, I'm sure you'll do that stuff, but you'll just get pictures taken too.


J: Phew!

As long as there are snacks, all is right with the world

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you smile nice for the camera J?

Unknown said...

We'll find out soon enough LOL