Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holiday Roundup

Oy! I'm going to try to start getting back in the swing of things with ye ole blog, but no promises...

It's not like you people have been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the latest installment of the Henderson hoopla, am I right?

Every year the Holiday season is a blur and this year was no exception

Thanksgiving was great...laid back and lovely

Then the Christmas/Birthday marathon begins!

Family Christmas party #1

followed by Christmas with my parents the next day


directly followed by miniG's singing debut at our church's Christmas pageant that night

followed by Christmas with Gman's Dad a few days later (forgot to take pictures, sorry Grammy and Grampy!)

followed by family Christmas party #2 the next night (again, no pictures)

followed by actual Christmas morning


then church, then family Christmas party #3....

Exhausting, right?...well we're not done yet

A mere 5 days after Christmas, miniG turned 4, (really should have done the math when we decided to start trying to have children) so we celebrated by meeting my sis and her crew at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. Aside from being stuck in the most boring part of the cafe right up against the entrance to the mall and the worst and slowest waiter of all time, it was a nice night and the kiddos had fun. miniG keeps telling me that he had "so fun at the Rainforest Cafe", so it must have been a hit.





We still aren't done...I'm baking muffins today for miniG to take to school tomorrow to celebrate his birthday with his school pals and then this Saturday is his official birthday party with all our family..

Sheesh!!

So, in a very small nutshell, that was our 2011 Christmas!

Oh yeah, New Years...Chinese takeout with some great friends, a crazy game involving wrapping my head like a mummy, twisted twister moves, toilet flushing sounds and hide and seek (and no, that was not the kids playing...that was the game for adults...I have a couple pictures of that, but they are on my phone and will stay there), then we got home, threw the kids in bed, started watching TV, I passed out at 10:30 (I swear I made it until 11:30 but my texts on my phone tell me otherwise), woke to either gunshots or firecrackers right after midnight, said "What the heck is that? Oh well, Happy New Year!" rolled over and went back to sleep! Thrilling!!

Stay tuned for The Great Crib Escape!

No comments: