Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Update

I know you've all been wondering "Where did she go? It's been over 2 months? Did she finally go off the deep end?"...yes and no

I've been writing over at HubPages in the meantime. It's something a little different so check it out if you'd like!
So, what have we been up to these past 2 and a half months? We've been crazy busy and yet not much has happened....yeah, if you're a stay at home mom, you get it...


What's New In General:

 - My beautiful brand new laptop I got for Mother's Day was murdered by my youngest child...I've decided not to press charges, but I keep one eye open at night

- We went apple picking, got 20 billion pounds of apples...I made apple crisp for pretty much everyone in a 10 mile radius and still had 10 billion pounds left, so decided to throw my hat in the ring for this year's Apple Pie Contest we have at church every year....my first time EVER baking an apple pie and Yep, you guessed it...I won!! Just look at it! It's a beauty!


- We got a pellet stove just in time for the first snowfall of the season...yes..IN OCTOBER!!
Pretty though, isn't it?...The stove...not the snow..


- I tried Zumba last week and LOVED it!! I have no rhythm and find it very hard to shake my booty in exactly the right way, but was encouraged by the fact that my 24 year old sis in law wasn't skakin it much better than me

- Oh yeah, I turned 30


What's New In miniG's world:

He started preschool and LOVES it! Nothing makes that kid move faster than "Okay, time to get ready for school!" and he's off like a rocket...unfortunately, getting him to leave school when they are playing on the playground is quite the opposite. I've given up trying to get him to leave on my own. If I tell him it's time to go, he runs in the other direction. BUT, if his teacher tells him it's time to go, he skips off to get his backpack...punk...but hey, at least he listens to his teacher!



What's New In Chunkamunk's World:

Oh boy, this kid has grown up so fast, which is really just par for the course for the first couple of years, but still...

- He FINALLY started calling me Mama!

- He actually says quite a few words now....the most common of course is "No"

- He has perfected this ear piercing scream when he doesn't get his way or when miniG takes a toy away from him...I'm surprised my ears haven't started bleeding yet and I'm starting to save up for hearing aids

- His new nickname really should be Linus...this kid has developed this crazy attachment to his "blankie"...aka "daddie"...if he hasn't seen it in 5 minutes, he wanders the house calling it until he finds it then giggles and hugs it like it's a long lost friend....crazily adorable



No comments: