Well, this event will go down in history!
For those of you who live in warm, tropical climates, you may not be aware that the Northeast was hit with a completely random and unprecedented snow storm. We got over a foot of snow at our house!! Craziness!
The first snow fall of the year is always pretty magical and this by far was no exception.
There were ups and downs though....
Because no one informed us that we would need snow gear for the kids in October, we haven't gone shopping for them yet, so I had to dig around in the snow junk box. Luckily miniG's snowpants from last year still fit...the snow coat was a tad small but it did the job and he was somehow able to squeeze his feet in his old boots too! Score!! The only thing I couldn't find to fit were gloves, so he wore a pair of mine...yeah, quite the sight..
Poor Chunkamunk though...the snow pants I found for him were WAY too long, the snow boots too big (I had a pair that would have been the perfect size but of course could only find one), I couldn't find a snow coat that came close to fitting, so I layered him up and threw on a far too big but thick-ish rain coat, threw on a hat that was too small, one old mitten of miniG's (couldn't find the match of course) and a baby mitten (but that quickly fell off so I had to throw on one of my gloves)...He looked hilarious!
(Unfortunately my super awesome camera is in for repairs and our crappy camera's battery died so I have no photo proof for you, but just use your imagination here).
So, after spending the better part of an hour bundling everyone up, miniG throws himself into the snow with wild abandon and Chunkamunk just cried...and yelled....he was apparently not a fan...
But, once Gman broke out the snow blower and blew us a path, he contented himself by walking up and down the cleared path completely ignoring the snow....and then he would cry and scream some more so I just gave up and brought him in.
Meanwhile, miniG is sitting up on the rock wall in front of our house, snacking on snow, watching Gman snow blow the driveway.
Fast forward a few hours, past lunch and nap time, I bring miniG outside to work on a snowman...well, I worked on the snowman (snow blob is probably more accurate) while he takes turns karate chopping it and making snow angels...I finish my masterpiece, we find some rocks to make the face and sticks for arms and I'm very proud of myself...miniG goes back to making snow angels, so I wander off to clean the mountain of snow off the cars...
Next thing I know, miniG has chopped the head off my snow blob and is climbing on top of his decapitated body to announce his victory....*sigh*....
In a nutshell, it was a really fun day for miniG, a traumatic experience for Chunkamunk, an exhausting day for Gman (that stuff was heavy even with a snow blower) and one to remember for me...
1 comment:
That snow was some crazy stuff!! Hope it stays away for a while!!
Post a Comment