Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 2

Well, Day 2 was not as successful...it's always harder when Dad is home and I attempted to do too many things that drew my attention away from him...so, I was not as on top of him as I was yesterday to catch every little thing...

Naptime was the worst it has been in a really long time, I think that's because he got away with more in the morning, so he tried to exert his control over naptime, but I outlasted and he did go to sleep...

We actually went out shopping and then out to dinner with the boys which is always 50/50 but miniG was really well behaved in the store and while we were out eating. I was very impressed and really proud of him...so, I guess the day wasn't a total loss...


To explain a little better...She (the author) uses a technique called "tomato staking" where the child you are training is with you at all times during the day...and I mean in earshot and eyesight all day...that way you are able to catch every little bad attitude and take care of it immediately...immediate discipline is much more effective at this age than delayed, even if it's only delayed for like a minute...which the difference between day 1 and day 2 proves that she's right about that...

You'll have to read the book to really get a better description of it, she takes up about half the book explaining it, so there's no way I can explain it in one post..I'm not even sure I've got it right, but I'll keep plugging away at it and let you know lol

No comments: