Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Growing up

With 2 kids, heck, even with 1 kid, you constantly hear "Oh, they are getting so big, isn't it sad how fast they grow up?" and I inevitably give the expected "Yep, so sad" but really, I don't find it that sad, I think it's exciting!



Yes, I get a little sentimental when I look back at pictures of Jacoby when he was smaller, but I love watching my kids learn new things! And, yes I'm apprehensive about him starting pre-school next fall but I'm really excited for him more...and really I find it hard to believe that he's only going to be 3 in less than 2 months...I keep thinking I must have the dates wrong, he just seems so much older than that to me....and not just because he's tall, but he's so smart...yeah, yeah, I'm bragging, so what?....did I mention that he knows and can recognize all the letters?...thank you Super Why! (I am only partly joking..don't worry, I take the time to teach my kids, but I also recognize the value of educational tv as a reinforcing tool, but I digress)

Then there's my super sweet Chunkamunk...I am sooo not sad to see him grow this far....in fact I think 6 months is my favorite age...sleeping 12 glorious hours at night, on a predictable schedule, takes 2 naps a day, easily entertained, doesn't throw fits...yep, 6 months is my favorite age...he's trying to learn how to crawl, he zooms around the house in the walker, he's just delightful..yep, bragging again...whatever

Anyway, that's what's been on my mind lately....I know once they hit a certain age I will yearn for these younger years, but for now I'm happy and they are happy and that's all that matters :o)

No comments: