Monday, August 30, 2010

Operation Bottle Bootcamp

So, remember how I said Aidan slept 9 glorious hours the other night? Well, the next night was 7 which was still pretty beautiful...and then....last night happened...I seriously lost count of how many times he was up...I have no idea why he was up so much, so I treated it like a growth spurt, and now the girls (my boobs) are paying for it...

As much as I detest pumping, I'm breaking out the breast pump and we are doing "bottle bootcamp". Don't get me wrong, I like nursing to a degree. I'm not fanatical about it, I also don't feel the whole bonding thing either, I am pretty bonded with my baby and it has nothing to do with breastfeeding, but anyway...

I would love to rewind about 3 months and give Aidan one bottle a day which was my intention from the very beginning, but it case you didn't know, newborns are exhausting and I tend to procrastinate a lot, so I kept saying...I'll get them the next time I go to the store or I"ll start tomorrow...then 4 months pass and he has never had a bottle and therefore has a very big opinion as to how he like to be fed...

So, today is the day that he will take a bottle whether he likes it or not...it will frazzle me and I will probably give up after an hour, but hey, gotta start somewhere right?

No comments: