Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Boob Wars

Breastfeeding versus Bottle...wow, now that is one BIG battle going on that, from my point of view at least, seems to be one sided...why am I putting my 2 cents in you ask? Because I have nothing better to do...that's why..so there

OK, I hear A LOT of pro breastfeeding stuff out there, which is fantabulous! I highly recommend it. I nursed both my boys...Jacoby for 10 - 11 months and Aidan is still breastfeeding a little but I have chosen to supplement with him..GASP..I know...whatev

So, why do I have a beef? I wouldn't call it a beef persay (how the heck do you spell that anyway)...it's more like a fishstick...

I just don't understand all the hype...why does everybody make it sound like breastfeeding is taboo and no one does it anymore? Every single woman I know that has recently had a child has breastfed...

every.single.one.

And I am not exaggerating that...and I know a lot of new mommies...

In fact, 75% of moms breastfeed out of the gate. 75%!! Yes, that number drops significantly when you hit the 6 months mark...but, hey, most moms today have to go back to work, it's reality...and breastfeeding for 6 months gives baby an amazing start!

No, I don't have a problem with getting the word out about how beneficial breastfeeding is for both mom and baby...I won't get into the list because it's way too long...but, also, any OBGYN worth their medical degree will try to talk mom into breastfeeding before baby is even born...so, it's not like women are going into this thing blind (granted, some are...two sides to every coin...blabbity blah)

And formula is NOT "McDonald's for babies" as I have heard it referred to as...
I guess what bothers me the most is...I don't hear mom's who formula feed out there bashing breastfeeding...so, it bugs me when I hear people bashing formula...let's not turn into ugly politicians, mkay? Just keep it positive, because in the end...it's mom's choice

No comments: